Friday, October 24, 2008

Cupcake Hero - Squash




So, it's obviously been a while since I've blogged, but not since I've baked! I'm just lazy with getting my photos and recipes online.

This month's cupcake hero is squash, and though I've only participated once, I was excited to give it a go again. And my department hosted a breakfast for the building with a "harvest theme," which worked out well! I was asked for the recipe by coworkers, so that's got to be a good sign :)

Butternut Squash Cream Cheese Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Glaze


1.5 cups flour


1.5 tsp baking powder


.5 tsp cinnamon


.25 tsp salt


.5 cup granulated sugar


.5 cup dark brown sugar


.5 cup butter, melted and cooled


2 eggs


.5 cup milk (I used almond milk)


5 oz frozen butternut squash (half a box)


4 oz cream cheese (half a package_


-preheat oven to 350



-Heat squash in microwave per package. Mix in cream cheese and cool slightly



-Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl



-Mix butter, eggs and milk



-Alternate adding dry mix and butternut mix, ending with dry mix.



-Bake 20-25 minutes



*I doubled the recipe and used mini cupcakes, so it made a lot of cupcakes! Not sure how many it would make normally



Cream Cheese Glaze
1 pack cream cheese room temp
Half stick butter room temp
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp brown sugar



-Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl, blend until combined



-Add powdered sugar, a little at a time, mixing on low



-Add brown sugar and blend until fluffy.



This is supposed to be a frosting, however, I think I over mixed and it ended up being more soupy, like a glaze

No comments: