Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New family favorite

I love love love the sweet potato casserole at Damon's, and even more when I order it for dessert with vanilla ice cream. However, trying to save money and not eat out so often, I haven't gotten my fix in a while. But I found this recipe, which is *almost* as good as eating out. In the future, I will chop up the pecans (bought chopped pecans at the store, but they were still too big) and spread the topping more. It didn't quite spread all over like I wanted.

I doubled the recipe, which ended up being too much even for a big family get together. I don't have the source, so I will add that when I find it!


Sweet Potato Casserole
INGREDIENTS:
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans

PREPARATION:
Combine first 6 ingredients.
Pour into a buttered 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole dish.
Mix remaining ingredients together and sprinkle over top.
Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes, until hot and browned.
Serves 6 to 8.




No comments: